Monday, June 29, 2015

A little soggy

Yesterday I got a taste of what the future will bring and it is soggy. I was part of the volunteer crew that helped staff the local Color Run, a 5k race that benefited The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. I was stationed at one of the water stops. There was torrential rain for the entirety of the race, so I was soaked to the bone within a few minutes of being there. I was out there in the rain for a good four hours. My hands looked like this -

It was a pretty uncomfortable experience, however, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Next summer, there will be no warm dry car to climb in. I keep hitting this point, but stop and really think about it. How much do you take for granted every day? You expect to be warm and dry and have someplace to sleep. I expect next summer for most of the trip to be mostly dry, but I'm sure there will be times of misery. And I'll have to work for most of them, which will make them that much more rewarding.

1 comment:

  1. That does not look comfortable...perhaps even dangerous!

    ReplyDelete