Friday, June 12, 2015

Walking away

Just over three weeks have passed. I'm still making daily strides to change for the better. Some days are a struggle, like today. Not feeling particularly motivated. Friday is a long day at work, and it's usually not a fun one. And I work Saturdays too, so even Friday isn't a Friday for me.

I think the hardest thing next summer will be being away from my friends and family for so long. I'm used to seeing my friends so often that it will be like there's a hole in my life for a while, I'm sure. I've tried very hard to make sure I'm there for people that may be struggling. I feel kind of selfish for going away for so long. I know that it's not really, it's just phantom guilt. Everyone needs to live their own life, but the fact is these are people I care about. It's hard to just walk away for a while, even if the reason is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment