Thursday, June 11, 2015

Riding

Wednesday's are my normal day off from work, and I took full advantage yesterday. I rode almost 150 miles on my motorcycle, and I can tell you, I'm paying for it today. My back and shoulders are a little sore. My bike is not the most comfortable thing in the world, but nothing beats the feeling of riding to me. My friends Dave, Gianna, and I rode from South Portland down to Kittery to the Trading Post. Route 1 was already a bit congested, and summer hasn't even officially begun.

Being on my bike and riding reminds me of my dad. I only ever got to ride with him once that I recall. His chronic injuries and pain kept him from being able to ride by the time I had gotten to the point where I was riding regularly. I remember seeing sadness in his eyes, every time I stopped by his house on my bike. I'm sure he missed it. I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't. It's been almost a year since he died and it still feels like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment