Monday, June 8, 2015

Not bad for a Monday

Monday morning. Back to work today, what a drag. Work seems to go by so slowly, my mind is always other places. I wonder if I can translate my adventure into something big, catalyze my writing career, go on more adventures. I wonder if I can turn around and hike the other half of the trail. Maybe I'll be so sick of it by the end that I'll never hike again. Who knows?

I'd like to think that it will be something amazing, and I think it will be. I'm testing myself beyond anything I've ever come close to. Each morning that I get up and do something to get ready for next summer is part of that test. I could wait until the day to embark is upon me and just set out. Lots of people do, but a lot of those people fail. I want to be much more able than I am right now. I want to reach Katahdin and want to desire to turn around and do it again. I want to come back different. Better.

Sixty-five flights of stairs this morning. Not bad for a Monday.

1 comment: