Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sacrifice

One of the hardest lessons that I've ever had to learn is that life is unfair and doesn't owe us anything. I think a lot of people I've met and even some friends of mine have never really learned that lesson. It's very much a product of our culture. Every person is special and deserves to be happy. While I agree with the sentiment that everyone should be happy, the fundamental flaw with the sentiment lies in the fact that you must work for your happiness. A lot are content to sit back and wait for happiness to find them and it never does.

The charity work I've done and continue to pursue is not easy. My journey ahead will be the most difficult thing I've ever undertaken. But it will provide a sense of purpose, accomplishment and most of peace with a chaotic world. I will give back some happiness to the children and families that use the services of the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. If I can make their darkest times just a little bit brighter, than the struggle and pain and sacrifice will be worth everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment