Friday, June 19, 2015

I survived

I survived my birthday, which managed not to be incredibly terrible, despite all the dread that I had built up about it. I guess it's not such a big deal, although it still seems a little weird if I have to tell someone I'm 40. Blech.

I had the day off from work, and I did a bunch of running around, nothing unpleasant just another day. Visited friends, had lunch with a former co-worker that I hadn't seen in a long time, a few beers with another friend. Dinner at this amazing ramen place in Portland with another friend, and we walked around Exchange St and got an ice cream.

I talked to a number of new people about my plans for next year, and they were all pretty awestruck, which is I suppose a good thing. I must have explained it about 6 times yesterday. I'm going to get pretty good at that, I assume. I got some pieces of the puzzle I was waiting for from my contact at BBCH so I should be putting together sponsorship requests soon. Time to shake the trees and see what comes out.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a good, small, lightweight camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be bringing a camera, I haven't decided yet whether it will just be my iPhone or a separate camera. The iPhone has the advantage of having multiple uses, where a regular camera is just extra weight.

      Delete