Sunday, June 7, 2015

Recovery mode

Late post today, as I was in recovery mode after a night spent in the woods. Camping was a ton of fun, pretty relaxing. It felt good to sit around a fire and then to crawl into my sleeping bag. There's something so different to me about sleeping outside. The world seems so much closer when all that separates you from it is a thin nylon wall. It was a crisp night but I was comfortable in my bag. The sleeping pad I bought performed admirably and I have it was probably one of the best nights I've spent on the ground aside from those where a inflatable air mattress was involved.

The whole night, my trip was in the back of my head. I marveled at how different my camping experience would be next summer. No car to throw everything into the next morning. No bringing way more stuff than you need or not caring how much it weighs. A different experience awaits me and I'm eager for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment