Monday, July 20, 2015

New old job

Back to the grindstone today, started my new old job with a software company I worked for a year ago. It's a good change of pace, being out of the retail world. 

Last weekend was a whirlwind tour. I had a great time at my friends' wedding but the day went by too fast. Jeff and I went to REI and started browsing gear, which included getting fitted for backpacks. The staff at REI was great, really passionate and knowledgable in what they do. 
Look at this idiot. 

This is Jeff, my companion for the  northern half of the trail.

One of the things REI did was load up the packs with 25 lbs of weight, which is my goal weight including food. It was much heavier than I expected. I've got a lot of prep to do. 

The best part of the day was the wedding though, I got to spend some time with some great friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Sometimes, seeing people like that reminds you how lucky you are, and a little sad that such wonderful people can slip out of your life. So to Melodie and Tavis, congratulations again, I am so happy for you. And to Amanda, Kris, Jim, Kathie and Jeff- I am truly blessed to have spent the day with you, even if it was just for a fleeting day. 


2 comments: