Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Gear. Gear. Gear.

The past few nights my dreams and thoughts have been plagued by gear donation requests. I spent 2 hours yesterday morning and another hour and a half this morning researching companies and carefully crafting emails to them. Now I will start obsessively checking my email for responses. It's kind of my thing.

Here's the thing about gear for this type of adventure. It's EXPENSIVE. The lighter it is, the better it is. Every time I open a website and look at the gear, I freak out a bit. All I can see is dollar signs. Hence the haunted dreams. I'm really hoping that the fact that I'm using my hike to raise money for Extra Life will net me the attention of some of the gear companies. Many of them offer trail ambassador programs, in exchange for reviews, updates and photos from the trail. I should be good at that, right?

New job is good, it's interesting to be back at an old job. I believe I'm going to Boston tomorrow to a customer site, so that's kind of cool. The BAD part of the new job is that I'm going to bi-weekly pay and my first week is a pay week. That means no paycheck for another 2 weeks, which means I'm basically broke until 2 weeks from today. Puts a crimp in the old lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment