Thursday, July 30, 2015

I'm back

No updates for the past few days, I was pretty much down for the count. I started coming down with it on Friday, but it hit me really hard Saturday night until well, actually I'm still feeling pretty crappy, but at least my throat isn't on fire. I basically laid on my couch from Saturday until I went to work this morning. Not fun at all.

Being that sick, it made me think about next summer of course. If I come down with something, it's going to be a rough go. The thought of being as sick as I was and being out in the woods is kind of a sobering thought. I'm sure something will happen, I'm just hoping to avoid the major sicknesses. Sniffles are one thing but I could barely eat because my throat hurt so much. There's going to be a lot to contend with next summer but I'll take things one day at a time. That's all you can do I think.

In the course of my reading yet another book on the AT, I've starting thinking about what my journey will change in my life. I think that I'll come back a different person than I left. I expect that I will be more in touch with who I really am and what is truly important in life. I've lost myself in my daily life. Maybe I can find me again on the trail. Get back something I gave up on.

1 comment: