Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Back at it

Been a week since my last post, but it's been a bit hectic around here. That and I'm a big slacker, ha ha. I'll be getting back on track as of today. I had the whirlwind trip to Cleveland, the long drive back with my Mom, I was sick over the weekend, and then back to work yesterday. Lots and lots of things that just all kind of added up and overwhelmed me, to be honest.

One of the chronic things I deal with lately, is a sense of loneliness. I have a ton of friends and they're fun to hang out with. I have family visiting and it's great to see them and spend time with them. I live with my brother, which is also a good thing. But I haven't been in a serious relationship in a few years, and I really miss that intimacy of spending time with someone special. Talking about things, doing things together. At my age and with my personality (not the most outgoing), it's incredibly hard to meet women. The ones I have met and gone out with have not really been a good match for me. Most of the good ones are taken, as the saying goes! It's hard to not get down about it. Everyone says, "Oh, you'll meet someone, don't give up." Easier said than done.

Well enough of my moping. It's something I live with. I have exciting adventures ahead to occupy my mind. I'm in my last week of work where I'm at, and I start the new job the week after next. I'm looking forward to my trip to Pittsburgh for my friends' wedding. It will also be the first chance I have to sit down and talk to Jeff about our trip next summer. Hoping we can nail down some details and start planning a bit more. Time is slipping away, as it always does. And the stairs are looking at me again, wondering where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment