Tuesday, June 21, 2016

One week later

Being back has been an adjustment. Not an easy one either. I've been gimping around, trying to stay off the foot as much as possible, but I'm also antsy all the time. I have this feeling that I can't sit around, that I've got things to do. I don't really know what they are yet- but I'm working on figuring it out. 

It's been great to see my friends and family again. I was able to celebrate my birthday with them, which was really good. I have to answer the same questions a lot- are you going back? How does the foot feel? How was it? 

I can't go back, at least not any time soon, I just don't have the money for it. Between the medical cost getting the foot checked, the trip home and having to fix my car when I got back (needed a new battery and belt), my resources are pretty tapped. 

I also don't know if I want to go back. I don't know if I have it in me. The experience was amazing-but it was also incredibly hard. It was 90% terrible and 10% awe-inspiring. I've never been more tired and hurting than I was doing that day after day. It was for the best cause and I don't regret doing it. I learned a lot about myself that I didn't know. I experienced one of my dreams- I tried. I take satisfaction from that. I did something few could or would. 

The foot is getting better slowly. It still hurts to put weight on, but it's better than it was. I'm looking for a job, boo. I've got a number of irons in the fire for Extra Life as usual. 

Thank you to all those that were following along and cheering for me. Your kind words meant the world to me. I'm not done with the adventures yet- I hope that you'll stay with me. 

Remember- it's about the journey. 

Jamison
XL






3 comments:

  1. You did something you wanted to do. Many of us wait until we are too old and then can't live out our dteams. You DID something, even though it didn't end the way you planned, at least you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you Jamie and Dad would be proud of you too. Hope your friend is doing great out there . Stop by Mamie's to see us and bring your brother too. You can't sit still , because you are like Mamie she can't either. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud of you Jamie and Dad would be proud of you too. Hope your friend is doing great out there . Stop by Mamie's to see us and bring your brother too. You can't sit still , because you are like Mamie she can't either. Love you

    ReplyDelete