Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Day 25- NJ continues to impress

Coin set out a little ahead of me this morning, so I had some time to myself on the trail. It's a different experience hiking solo. I popped my headphones in and got through some of the back catalog I have of podcasts I follow. I took my time and enjoyed the morning. NJ has had some great views so far. The trail's a bit rocky still but nothing like PA rocks which tended to be incredibly jagged. 

I did the 6ish miles to where we met back up, an AMC maintained lodge called the Mohican Center. We had some good food and recounted our mornings. During my morning hike I had run into Mambo whom we'd last seen a few weeks ago. It was good to catch up with her for a few. 

After lunch another 6 miles brought us to our campsite. We set up and are just relaxing, resting our feet after a long day. Tomorrow we've got another 12 to get into town to resupply, as I'm scraping the bottom of my food bag. 

Here are some of the views I saw today-







No comments:

Post a Comment