Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 20- The eighteen

It's a little after 8pm and I'm laying in my tent-completely exhausted. I just ate some cold couscous mixed with tuna fish. It's all I could muster after getting to camp and setting up the tent and all that. 

Today was the hardest day yet, my feet are screaming at me and the rest of me is about the same state. But we did 18 miles today. 18. Fricking. Miles. Through rocky Pennsylvania which beats the hell out of your feet. Mine did great. Boots are broken in finally and no new blisters today. 

18 miles was the distance between the previous shelter and where we're at now. The next one in line is a little over 13, so tomorrow may be more of the same. It feels good to actually making some good mileage. I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight. 

    This is where we ate lunch and dipped    
     our feet. 

-XL

No comments:

Post a Comment