Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 31- Homesick

Today is a zero day, and we're at a place called Anton's by the Lake in Greenwood, NY. I've spent most of the day thinking about home and my friends. How much I'd like to just be there, drinking a beer with Rob or hanging around the game store. It's been over a month since I was home. I've walked almost 250 miles, nearly a quarter of the way home. I have trouble sleeping at night, my brain won't turn off some times no matter how tired I am. 

It's natural for these feelings to pop up and I'll get through them. My fear isn't that I'll want to give up but rather that I'll have to. I've had a pain in my left foot for the past 3 days and it's still hanging around. We walked less than a half mile into town for food and the pain was pretty bad, but it may have been just the normal morning get warmed up pains.  We'll see how the next few days go and if it's not any better it may mean a trip to a doctor. My inner pessimist is going strong as usual. 

I don't have a lot else to say today. Just that my thoughts are with my family and friends. 

-XL

6 comments:

  1. quit when you've rested two days and don't want to go any further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have to give up people will understand. You can't go with that ankle like it is. You do what you have to do. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have to give up people will understand. You can't go with that ankle like it is. You do what you have to do. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done an amazing job, listen to your body and get your foot checked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. However this adventure ends up, you have had the guts to give this trip a chance. The rest of us never had the grit to try such an arduous undertaking. That said, my dad used to tell me that I would feel better after a good rest. You said you haven't been sleeping well; maybe you need a few days of R&R to heal your ankle and take a break before you make a decision. Good luck. You are a hero either way because you have tried. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get a six pack, sit by a gentle stream and cool your beer in it. Then lay back in the sun and let the pain ease away. While you're at it my friend you might just reflect on the beauty of your surroundings. Take a day and see where that leads you.

    Cheers
    AL

    ReplyDelete