Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 23- Thunderstorms

As I posted yesterday, the rain was back and steady over night. I stayed in the shelter we were at while Coin pitched his tent. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of staying in the shelters but I'm less of a fan of dealing with a wet tent. 

I have trouble sleeping in the shelter surrounded by other people. I have to make sure I grab a spot near the wall and I pretty much listen to music all night long. I can't seem to relax and get any good sleep. It's a little better when the shelters have bunks like the one we're at today. Then I'm not paranoid about rolling into someone. 

Today was a short day as the weather is terrible. We came to what's called the 501 shelter in PA. It's a big bunkhouse that sleeps 12. There are bad thunderstorms over us right now. A bunch of thru hikers just came into the bunkhouse ahead of the worst of the storm. They're an interesting group -mostly young. You never know what they're going to be like. Some of them are super excited and excitable which is a little too much to take some times. This group seems so okay so far. We'll see how the rest of the night goes. 

3 comments:

  1. It's raining here too. Thinking about you. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here too. Thinking about you. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never want a slumber party again. Lol

    ReplyDelete