Saturday, June 4, 2016

Day 22- Welcome back rain

We got back on the trail this morning around 8:45 after doing a number on the hotel breakfast. It was another muggy day and I spent most of it with fogged glasses. Makes it tough to see the rocks but I'm developing some sort of trail sense so I've managed to avoid disaster. Most of today was good trails. But there was also this -

We did about 8 miles to the next shelter in line and got in around 3pm. Met an older section hiker named Butterscotch, who gave us some butterscotch candy (I know right?) andet back up with a couple flip-flioppers we had met a few days ago. We shared some stories of blisters and vitriol towards the rocks. 

About halfway through everyone cooking dinner, the skies opened up and it has been pouring for the last 20 minutes. I'm glad I was already done and I can sit back and soak in the misery from my compatriots. I'm a terrible person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment