Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day 30- the outside world

Before I get to my update, I want to express the outrage and heartbreak brought about by the terror attack on the nightclub in Orlando. My heart goes out to those victims, their families and the LGBT community. Our world is a darker place today. I will say it simply- IT IS NOT OKAY TO HATE SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT. 

Coming off the trail today, that was what greeted me. I welcome the disconnection I have most of the time out here. I still have internet a good portion of the time but I try to limit how often I'm on. When I open Facebook and I have to see friends are reporting that they are safe in Orlando, it really shows how screwed up our country is. 

Back to today - we did about 6.5 miles today, ending up at a place called Heaven Hills Farm, where we had lunch and a bunch of fresh fruit, which was a treat. A shuttle from our hotel picked us up and we're clean, freshly laundered and relaxing now. 

Hockey game tonight, day off tomorrow. We'll walk into town, grab some supplies.  I have a pain in the top of my left foot that I'm hoping is just a little tendinitis, so a day off will be good. 

The trek today across more swamp!

-XL

1 comment:

  1. Just take your time and enjoy what your doing. We think about you everyday. We love you.

    ReplyDelete