Thursday, May 19, 2016

Long miles


Day 6 on the trail and we had a long day- we did our longest hike yet, clocking in at over 10 miles. My ankle is still a little sore and a lot of the terrain is incredibly rocky, so it was a tough one. But we made it. The reward at the end of the day was a night off trail at hotel in Wayneboro, PA. That's right, we finished with Maryland and have entered Pennsylvania!

So I'm laying on a nice comfy bed, freshly showered (possibly one of the best I've ever had). Jeff went next door to do a load of laundry and I'm here resting my ankle. 

Tomorrow morning we'll gorge ourselves on complimentary breakfast, hit up Walmart to resupply and the tackle 5 miles to the next shelter. It'll be nice to sleep in a comfy bed tonight. I've got to write a post for Appalachian Trials that will review the last 6 days and also reveal my trail name! See now you have to read it (after I put it up, there will be a link on my FB page). 



2 comments:

  1. Are you going to post some addresses and dates when people can send you stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as soon as we get a schedule down I'll be posting info about mail drops!

      Delete