Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Curse the pack

KoIt was about day 2 when I realized my pack straps were really causing me some issues. I have huge knots in both shoulders, where the straps rode. By today the pain was unbearable. Luckily I have family nearby that was willing to grab me a new pack from REI and drop it off to me. Thanks Aunt Sandi! You're a lifesaver!

Ankle is doing well, still a bit of soreness but manageable. We've done almost 6 miles today and we may try to get a few more done after the pack changeout. 

One of the cool things we saw today was the Washington Monument (not that one, the other one). It was a dicey set of steep stone steps to get to the top but well worth it for the view!


6 comments:

  1. Just take it easy. We think of you everyday. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take it easy. We think of you everyday. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Will you be sharing where we can send you care packages - Liz Aponte, Extra Life Team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as soon as we get a schedule down I'll be posting info about mail drops!

      Delete