Saturday, May 28, 2016

Day 15- So flippin hot

Today was definitely the hardest day yet due to a number of factors. Factor one- it was hot as blazes out. Like 90 degrees all day, and humid. Factor two- we did our longest miles. A little bit over 14. Most of it was flat, but we ended with a 1200 ft ascent to the shelter. Factor three- brand new shoes. I have some blisters. Large, painful ones. 

So yeah it was a rough one but we made it. I'm getting ready to climb into my tent cause I'm exhausted and sweaty. I managed to spill tuna juice on my pants and hands, so I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be eaten by a bear tonight. I'm too tired to care. 

-XL

One of the views on our ascent. 

Ran across two of these guys today. 

5 comments:

  1. You are inspiring people you don't even know are watching you. One foot in front of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you have a lot of water with you guys. Those snakes ate gross. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you have a lot of water with you guys. Those snakes ate gross. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even when you are exhausted you keep your sense of humor. I laughed out loud at your comment about spilling tuna juice. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete