Thursday, May 26, 2016

Day 13- Zero

Today was a true zero day. For those of you who don't know the lingo, a zero is a day off trail, usually to rest or resupply. We got to Jeff's friend's place last night around 10pm, a late night for us hikers. We're used to being bed at around 8pm. We each grabbed a hot shower and then crashed. 

We slept in and pretty much laid around most of the day. We did take a few mile walk down to the Happy Valley Brewing Company. Drank some amazing beer, ate some pulled pork nachos and freshly pickled veggies. 

Not much else on the agenda for today. We may take a ride to Appalachian Outdoors in a bit. Jeff needs a few things and I need to look at some replacement shoes. My shoes are comfy as heck, but they have absolutely no tread on them, which is wreaking havoc in the mud. It's basically like having a set of skiis strapped to my feet. Rather than risk another injury, I think I'm going to swap out the shoes while I have a chance. 

We'll get to watch the Penguins in game 7 of the playoffs tonight, so that's a plus!

-XL

1 comment: