Sunday, May 22, 2016

Day 9 or the other day it rained all day.

Another day of rain. It looks like it will clear off possibly tomorrow and the rest of the week looks to be good, but hot. That will be something to start getting used to. I'm already sweating and stinky pretty much all the time, add a little heat to the mix- well, let's just say I wouldn't want to stand in my vicinity. 

Coin and I pulled a little over 10 miles today, and we made good time doing it. I definitely feel myself getting stronger. The first hour or so of the morning is tough, usually. The muscles all ache and are tired, but eventually I get into a rhythm and can just plod along at a pretty good clip. 

We finished our day at a hostel in Fayetteville, called the Trail of Hope, which is run by a local church. The people here are all really nice, and it's a great deal. Bunks, hot showers, dinner and breakfast, all for $22. Getting a hot shower and out of my wet clothes was worth it right there. It's a struggle to not fall asleep immediately!

I hope you are all enjoying following me on this adventure. And a huge thank you to all the people that have pledged to my Hikefor page. Currently I'm making $1.85 per mile for Extra Life! Maybe someone can get me to $2.00 a mile?

-XL


Hiker trash beard is coming in well. 



4 comments:

  1. I love following you on your adventure. Mamie ask about you everyday. I show her pics and I read your post. So don't forget we think of you e eryday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following you on your adventure. Mamie ask about you everyday. I show her pics and I read your post. So don't forget we think of you e eryday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great post's. You are doing a really great thing!

    ReplyDelete