Monday, May 16, 2016

Air mattresses and ankles.

Day 2 started out pretty well. Felt good despite a mostly sleepless night in the shelter. We ate some breakfast, and got on the trail around 9. We had a short day to our next stop, still trying to get our (well, mostly my) legs used to it. We crossed through a park dedicated to civil war correspondents and eventually came to the side trail leading to the shelter. It wasn't all that well marked and we kind of wandered off trail a bit. I stepped on a rock underneath a pile of leaves and twisted my ankle pretty bad. 

Luckily we were only a short ways from the shelter. I was able to get it propped up and wrapped. It's pretty sore so we'll see how it goes today. 

I set up my air mattress and sleeping bag in the shelter and took an hour nap or so. When I woke my mattress was flat. Great. Jeff gave me a hand and using science (we poured water on it to find the hissing), we found the hole and I was able to patch it. 

We had a dinner around 6 and retired to our tents (the shelter was overcrowded, so we both opted to tent). It was a really cold night, in the 30s. I got a better nights sleep. Hoping the ankle will hold up once we start moving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment