Friday, May 29, 2015

The post that almost wasn't

I woke up this morning about 4 hours after I went to bed, exhausted. I picked up my phone and looked at it. 6:20 a.m. I had about an hour and a half before I had to get ready and go to work. Fridays are my long days, a nine plus hour shift, and they're usually busy. I laid there for a moment and thought, "I'm not going to do stairs today, I'm too tired." Right behind that was, "I'm also not going to post today, or if I do it will be later after work." Those two thoughts firmly fixed in my head, I went down the stairs gingerly (yep still sore) and made some coffee. I wondered for the 8th day in a row, how I was going to handle coffee on the trail.

My traditional two cups of coffee consumed, reading my book, I looked at the clock again. 7:25 a.m. I could squeeze in my stairs and still be okay for work. Before I could talk myself out of hit, I jumped up and started the up and downs. Sweating, cursing under my breath, I managed to get 32 sets in, two more than yesterday. I stood there for a second at the top of the hated stairs and I plunged back down for three more sets. 35. My legs hate me, I am sitting here, dripping perspiration, but I'm also typing. I'm following through on the promise I made to myself.

1 comment: