Monday, May 25, 2015

It's about the games!

Day 4 is upon me, and my good spirits from yesterday are still here. I spent the day with some new friends playing games, which is always a good time. One of them, Mike, is an avid hiker and he gave me some books to read on hiking in general and one specifically on the Appalachian Trail, so I'm grateful for that. Not only that but he works at DeLorme Mapping and told me he might be able to hook me up with some essential gear, which is awesome. Gear expense will be a one of the major hurdles we will have to overcome.

Speaking of games, one of the things I'm planning to do on the trail is play and review some games, in our down time. Jeff and I are both gamers, so it seems like a logical thing to do. The challenge will be getting and carrying said games with us. We'll try to narrow down our focus a bit to 2 player games that come in small boxes, making them ideal for "travel" games. I can think of a few in my collection already that would travel well, but I'll be asking for suggestions as things get closer. Stay tuned!

Oh and for those paying attention, yes, I did my stairs this morning. I jumped up to 30 sets (one set being up and down 1 flight). Maybe 35 tomorrow? Thanks for reading as always. Oh, and don't forget what Memorial Day is all about. Thank you to all the men and women who have served this country past, present and future. God bless you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment