Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday

It's a gray, overcast, early morning here in Maine. I woke up before 5 a.m. Today is a legitimate day off from my efforts, not one that was spawned by my lazy tendencies. It'll be a good day, I think. I'm going to spend some time with a friend and her son, and their family, whom I am very close too.

I'm also going to play some games today. Sundays for the past year or two have been a game day for me, I spend most of the day at my friendly, local game store. It's through these Sundays that I have made many new friends, and that have been a catalyst for the charity event that I set up to support Extra Life. More so than any day of the week, I look forward to Sundays.

I'm going to miss Sundays next summer when I'm on the trail. I'll be with my friend every day, which I look forward to. But I also wonder if we'll get on each others nerves, or run out of things to talk about. I doubt it. I've known Jeff for 25 years and we've never had a problem with conversation but hey, you never know.

We texted back and forth last night for a few hours. "Do you think we can pull this off?" I asked him. "I'm willing to try," was his response.

I'm willing to try, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment