Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pretty old school

One of the things that I've noticed in writing this blog on a (semi) regular basis, is how good it feels to flex my writing muscles. This is the most writing that I've done for a long time or in actuality probably ever. It has also awakened my desire to read, I've been reading two different books as well as listening to an audio book in the car on my commute. All these things make my mind hungry for more. As a result, I dusted off a novel that I haven't touched in over a year, one that I really hope to finish. As I re-read what I'd written so far, it drew me in once again, made me remember where I was and where I wanted to go with it. I started working on it again as of this morning.

One of the things that I'll have ample time for on the trail is thinking. I hope that I can turn that into more writing. I'm not sure how I'll accomplish that, a smartphone is not ideal for composition, and a laptop is way too heavy and fragile to carry. Maybe just an old fashioned notebook will suffice. Might be an interesting experience to write that way again. I can't remember the last time I wrote something down long form. Pretty old school. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly, you always did pretty well with an old-fashioned notebook and pen. Good luck. I am looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete