Wednesday, August 19, 2015

It's only Wednesday

I'm sitting at my desk waiting for file transfers to happen. Another wonderful day of technical support. Some days I feel like the modern world and my day to day existence is eroding my soul, one megabit at a time. I have a window behind me in the office and I look out occasionally at the wider world. I wonder where I'll be in a year. I know what I'll be doing, probably walking. It seems really far away when it's mid-afternoon and there's still a ton of calls to wade through before I can go home. And it's only Wednesday.

My file transfer is over 50% now. Only a hundred megabytes to go. The speed of transfer seems to be our primary concern for everything nowadays. How fast can you get there? I don't want to get anywhere fast anymore. I want to see the sights. I want the experience of getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment