Thursday, March 3, 2016

What a whirlwind

Life has been a blur since my return from Extra Life United. I've already shared my experiences and how incredible it was. Since Rob and I have been back, there's been a ton going on for us. You should realize how big a part of my life is gaming. I listen to a lot of gaming podcasts, and I love to talk about gaming. Rob feels much the same as I do, and we've been kicking the idea around of starting our own podcast or streaming channel.

With the friends we made at ELU, especially the amazing Stephanie Straw, we have the chance to do that. We were on a Twitch show called Nerd Nighters last night, talking about Extra Life and gaming in general, and it was awesome. It made us both want more. Tonight, I've been invited on another podcast about role-playing games called NPC Cast. Tomorrow morning, we're recording interviews for two local radio stations here in Portland. The week has been a blur of opportunities that I can't even believe.

So we're going to take the ball and run with it. We're crafting a plan to start broadcasting soon. I'm not sure how this will impact my trip, but I feel like it's an opportunity that I can't pass up.

Our event is rapidly approaching, and that is going incredibly well. We have such a huge prize pool this year for the raffle and we're going to have some special guests this year.

There are other things going- things in my personal life that are changing, in a very positive way. But more on that some other day. Suffice to say, I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

Remember - It's about the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment