Monday, March 14, 2016

10 days?!?

Wow. When I checked Facebook today, there was an accusing message telling me that I hadn't posted anything to my page in 10 days. I've had a ton going on that needed resolution, and just hadn't made the time to write anything. So here it is.

The clock is ticking and ticking and ticking. I can't believe that in 2 months, I'll be setting off on my journey. I've been so tied up in other things, that I have let my preparations kind of slide for while. I need to get back on the ball, otherwise I'm not going to be ready come May 13th when I'll be heading down to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, to meet Jeff and head north.

I've still got gear to buy, and plans to make. A number of people have asked me about mail drops, which I will need to coordinate. Other people are want to meet us on the trail, and I need to coordinate that as well. Prepping your life to walk away from it for 3-6 months is no easy task. I keep thinking of things that will need to be dealt with while I'm away. Lots of stress there!

But all the stress will be worth it. There will be no experience in my life so far that will match it, I'm sure. Stay tuned as things progress, I'll try to be more diligent about my posts.

Remember-it's about the journey.

1 comment:

  1. 2 months sounds better than 10 days, which is what I thought your countdown was when I saw this headline! You got this :)

    ReplyDelete