Friday, February 26, 2016

ELU Wrap-up

Sitting here in the sun at Disney's Coronado Springs resort, I can't help but feeling a little sad. One of the other people I met here said it was like leaving summer camp. 

Extra Life United was amazing success. I ended up making the finals and ultimately winning the Settlers of Catan event. This also let me win the Tabletop track completely. My winnings were $4,375 before I went to the finals. 

The finals were tough, it was a surprise game- I faced a PC gamer in something called Duck Game. It was fun but not really in my wheelhouse. Ultimately I lost but even so I won another $1,000 for The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. 

Even more important to me was getting to meet with some truly amazing people. Jeromy "Doc" Adams, the founder of Extra Life and the Enmon's whose daughter inspired Extra Life to BE created. Sean and Trish Rooney, who lost their wonderful little boy Dominic just 6 months ago and were here leading the charge for Extra Life. Sean and Trish astounded me with the amount of love and warmth. The Tabletop group as whole were all wonderful people and I clicked with them immediately.  And most of all-the children-the Children's Miracle Network Champions. The reason behind it all, I spent much of my time here overwhelmed with the emotions and joy of seeing these amazing little people that have been through more pain and suffering that most of us will ever know. 

I return to Maine with my heart filled with warmth. I return with so many new friends. I return with ideas and opportunities and possibilities. Extra Life United was one of the best experiences of my entire life. I'll be back next year. 

#ExtraLifeUnited #DominicStrong #ExtraLife4Kids #CMN




No comments:

Post a Comment