Sunday, March 27, 2016

Extra Life!

First of all, Happy Easter to you. Even if the holiday isn't religiously significant to you, I hope that it was at least an opportunity for you to get together with family or friends and enjoy a good meal. I had a good day - a great meal with some of my favorite people. Inevitably, when I am around people that I haven't seen in a while, the subject of my hike comes up.

When it does, I answer the questions dutifully, and I try to turn the subject to a major part of my journey, and that is to raise money for Extra Life. Extra Life is a major driving force in my life now. Helping my local Children's Miracle Network hospital, The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital in Portland is as rewarding an experience as I have ever known. Extra Life United did so much to inspire me that I already can't wait for the next one. I met a group of people that all shared the same passion that I do, and I'm proud to call them all my friends.


Here's how this relates to my hike - I need donations - I'm taking pledges for every mile I walk of the Appalachian Trail. I'm taking these through a website called HikeFor and the link to my site is here. All the money will be collected when I finish up, which should be some time in the fall. Extra Life is an amazing charity that does a lot for sick children and their families. I'll be carrying an Extra Life flag with me on the trail, and posting pics and videos of me holding it along the way. I want to share my experiences with everyone, so I hope you can follow me on my journey. Most of all, I hope you can spare a few dollars to make a difference in the life of a child and their family that is dealing with one of the worst times of their lives.

Remember - it's about the journey! And this journey is For The Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment