Monday, February 8, 2016

Whoops

Whoops, it's been a while. I'm slacking off, but I have excuses. No good ones, just the same old recycled crap. I was sick on the couch since Friday, I came to work today despite STILL feeling crummy. I had to have blood drawn for a physical, and I had fasted for 12 hours, so I figured I might as well come in and be miserable afterwards.

Here's the latest- For all of you that voted for me for the Badger Sponsorship, thank you so very much. I didn't make top 7, but I still got a bunch of great stuff out of it. It ended up being about $300 worth of stuff, which is great, considering I hadn't even thought I'd make top 12. So thank you again for your support.

I got a bunch of stuff in the mail today, a couple of merino wool t-shirts (which I'll end up wearing nearly every day for 6 months), a merino sweatshirt (yes, Mom, I know-a SWEATSHIRT), 2 water bottles that roll up to take less room, and 3 rechargeable tiny flashlights. Massdrop is a wonderful site, if you've never used it. I saved about $100 on all that stuff.

Snowing like crazy here. I hope that all the hikers that are on the trail already are safe and warm. I can't imagine attempting a through-hike in weather like this, but they're out there already.

Remember- it's about the journey.


1 comment: