Friday, February 19, 2016

Finally Friday

Friday. It has been a long short week (we had Monday off for President's Day. I know, weird, right?). I woke up yesterday, convinced that it was Friday. I spent the first half hour of my day thinking that. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Thursday. Shit. Don't you hate that?

Things have been good lately though - Ever day is a bit closer to my departure and that is exciting. Things are rolling along for the Chits and Bits Game Marathon at the end of April. If you're not familiar, that's the 24 hour board game marathon that I started 2 years ago. We get together on International Tabletop Day and play games for 24 hours. Participants raise money for The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital through Extra Life. There's a raffle and door prizes and tournaments and all kinds of good stuff! The raffle this year is going to be huge, so there's been a ton of work being done (mostly by fellow Bearded Boardsmen Rob, thanks buddy!) to gather donations, and we've had some huge successes. Check out the Marathon on Facebook if you want more info.

Rob and I fly down to Disney World on Tuesday to compete in the Extra Life United national event. Gamers from all over the country are going to be at Disney playing in a game tournament to win prize money for their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. I couldn't more excited to go down there and meet some of the families that Extra Life helps. It's a huge honor for Rob and I to represent BBCH. Plus leaving dreary 35 degree weather for 4 days in sunny Florida is nothing to complain about. Getting involved with Extra Life and support BBCH is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I can't wait to take my journey and spread the word for Extra Life.

Remember...it's about the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment