Thursday, February 25, 2016

Extra Life United

Just a quick post about my time here at Extra Life United...

I am blown away. I knew this event would be an incredible experience. Being around my fellow Extra Lifers is energizing and incredible but I can't begin to tell how much more powerful it has been than my already high expectations. I have met so many great people here- fellow gamers, CMN champions and their families and the staff that makes Extra Life possible. Every single person here has made Extra Life and the Children's Miracle Network a big part of their lives. Every moment I spend with them, makes all the hard work worth it. 

The tournament has been kind to me so far. I managed to make the finals in all three tournaments yesterday. I placed 4th in Blokus, 3rd in Love Letter and a 1st place win at Liar's Dice. That's over $2,500 of prize money for The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital and I'm pretty sure that I locked a place in the finals. 

Being up on the stage for all 3 finals was surreal. Twitch streamed the whole day, so if you go to twitch.tv/extralife4kids you can watch. I was literally shaking before each game, I was so nervous. That's a lot of pressure, I really wanted to win some money for BBCH. I can't imagine how I'll feel before the finals!

Off to prep for the day. Excited and terrified, but overwhelmingly happy. 

Remember...it's about the journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment