Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Long time, no post

The day to day has been dragging me back into its seductive grip. I wake up each morning, trying to grasp what day of the week it is and what I have going on. All I've been doing lately is working. Playing a few games here and there. Trying to limit my spending, cause I'm going to need a ton of money to get through my journey. Being gone for 6 months will be interesting. I'll need to be paying my bills while I'm gone.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it's pretty amazing how trivial a lot of our daily existence has grown to be. We're very far from our roots, hunting and gathering to get food, clamoring for shelter, trying to survive. Our way of life is very soft. Even when I'm living out of my backpack next summer, it will be with items that are highly engineered and ultra light. Our advancements have been nothing short of incredible, and they continue to be. Stop and think a moment about how easy we have things. Food is fairly easy to obtain for most of us, shelter the same. Very rarely are confronted with issues that are life and death. Even the charity I support provides a lifeline for many children that even a handful of years ago would not have survived.

Our world is truly a wonderful place, our society has its issues, but even so- it is a marvel. I hope that I will gain a renewed appreciation for it after my excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment