Saturday, September 12, 2015

I went for a walk


I went for a walk this morning with the new pack, trying to do two things - to break in the pack and more importantly, to break myself in to wearing it. I took the Sebago to the Sea trail, which is close to where I live. There's a number of side trails that spur off the main trail, so there's plenty to explore.

The pack felt good, it took some adjusting, but it rode well. Of course, there was nothing in it. Next summer, it should be in the 25-30lb range. As I get more miles under my belt, I'll start adding more weight. Walking through the tunnel of trees, it was quiet and peaceful. I went early, and I didn't run into anyone. Being out there felt natural and right.

It made me a little bit more sure of my decision. I still have doubts, I think that's natural. I had several people ask me last week if I was going to go through with it. I answered unequivocally yes. And going for my walk today, just made me that much more sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment