Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Slacker.

I woke up this morning, and thought about it for a moment, and realized I hadn't posted anything since my post just before New Year's. Not that I've been sitting around and doing nothing, quite the opposite. Work has been busy, my personal life has been busy and that has been tying me up quite a bit.

Here's what I've been up to - mostly dealing with some final issues with my father's estate. My brother and I are selling the land he left to us, so I've been researching and prepping. I finally got it listed. I had to make a trip up there to go through some of the storage buildings to make sure there wasn't anything valuable in there. It's astounding how much just random stuff he had accumulated.

Another project I've started on is an entry to the Badger Sponsorship, a great program made by the founder of the site I write for Appalachian Trials. I have to create a 90 second video about why I'm hiking the AT and why I should win the sponsorship. It's tough to condense why I'm going to do down to 90 seconds or less and make it meaningful. Luckily, I have a friend that went to school for video production and is willing to help.

Finally, the action is heating up for the Chits and Bits Game Marathon! Donations are coming in all over the place and we're going to have a TON of great prizes to give away and we're just getting started. Many game companies are really stepping up to the plate. Tons of hard work on the part of my friend Rob has really paid off big time. I wish I could share the list with you all, but we want to wait and make a big announcement when things are closer.

So I'm still here, I hear the clock ticking away to my departure date. I can't wait to get started. The journey will be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment