Friday, January 22, 2016

How much I won't miss this.

I'm writing this sitting in the passenger seat of a rental car, returning home from a 3-day work trip. We're idle in traffic outside Boston trying to get home. Looking at the other occupants of the cars surrounding us, it makes me reflect on how different my life will soon be. 

Most of them are alone, sitting in their cars, talking on or playing with their phones. This is a daily occurrence for them, just part of their lives. 

I will wake nearly every morning in a new place. Packing up my meager possessions, I'll put them on my back and walk to the next stop of my journey. There will be no traffic jams, or car pool lanes, or drive-thrus. I'll see the world around me at the pace that I set. My experiences will be the views of the natural wonders that most of us never get a chance to take in. 

I look forward to it. 

It's about the journey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment