Friday, November 6, 2015

I'm still here

Wow, I 'm kind of a slacker. I just realized that it's been a week and a half since my last post. Time goes by too darn fast! I have no good excuse, just been working, playing games, doing my thing.  Extra Life has their national event this weekend, so I've been trying to promote that as much as I can. I went for a great hike last weekend up Douglas Mountain in Sebago. Here's a couple of the views from the top -
Top of Douglas Mountain, looking west to the White Mountains.



That photo was taken from a stone fire tower at the top. It has an extensive view of most of Western Maine, which was pretty awesome! That is Sebago Lake to the right side of the picture.

Other things going on - started to change my eating habits. I've been doing the Mediterranean diet on the recommendation of my doctor. Lots of fruits, veggies, lean meats and whole grains. Overall, pretty easy for me to follow, and it actually makes me feel a lot better on a daily basis. It also means that I'm cooking, which is MUCH better than eating out all the time.

Picked a few more pieces for my trip, a 20 degree Kelty sleeping bag, and some other minor things. I think the only major things I have left to purchase is my tent, and clothing, which I'm holding off a bit on. A lot of the stuff I've been getting is off Massdrop, which if you don't know what it is, you should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment