Saturday, December 5, 2015

Do it!

A week and a half with no post, been kind of a slacker lately. <Insert typical excuses here> Realistically, no good reason but I do have something to talk about so here I am!

As the year wraps up, I begin to look forward to next year. I have many exciting things that are going to happen next year. One of them, I just found out about- As the fundraiser with the highest total for the year, The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital is sending me to Disney for the Extra Life United event, which is their national game tournament. I'll be competing to win additional funds that will be donated to BBCH. The prize pool is over $150,000! Four days at Disney, getting to meet and interact with fellow Extra Lifers and the families that are helped by the charity is going to be an amazing experience.  It will also give me an opportunity to spread the word about my hike. 

Planning has begun for next year's game marathon, in fact, I have a meeting later tonight to review some ideas. Bigger and better!

With all positives, it helps mitigate the negatives. The holidays are a tough time of year for a lot of people including me. I know that I have friends and family that love me but it's hard not to feel isolated this time of year. I focus on the good things and try to stay active and engaged but it can be tough to fight the desire to withdraw. I get through it every year but it is always on my mind. Talking (or writing) about it helps. Too many times people that feel isolated or disconnected have a very difficult time talking about how they're feeling. If you feel empty or alone or detached, it's okay to feel that way. Just know that you have people in your life that love you and will listen if you need to talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment