Monday, December 21, 2015

Touching base

Most of you know, I'm not much of a Christmas/Holiday person. I have a tough time around this time of year. My life is not the way I pictured it would be looking forward from when I was a much younger person. I know that can be said for almost all of us, but that doesn't really make it much easier. I have a lot of holes in my life, and I do the best I can to fill them with positives. I know that many people love and care for me, but the sense of lonesomeness can be overwhelming sometimes, usually in the deep end of the night, when my brain won't turn off.

I leave in less than 5 months, and the sense of time slipping away can be staggering. I have a lot done, but there's still tons left to do. I have the major bits of gear down, but there's still a lot of little things to get and plan. On the plus side, my diet has been making a difference, I'm down two pant sizes already, and I definitely feel better. Just trying to keep my head down, and momentum up and I'll get through it.

If I don't post again before Christmas, I hope that your holidays are good and that you are happy and safe. I look forward to the new year with excitement and relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment