Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cold mornings

It's been a week since my last post. I have no good excuse, just caught up in the perils of daily life. Been playing a lot of Destiny, which is an excellent PS4 game. Work continues to be mentally draining, which leads me to want to be lazy when I get home. Tonight I have a guild meeting for Extra Life, the charity that I work with to support The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital. I haven't been able to make the last couple, so this will be my first chance to talk to my guildmates about the Long Walk.

The weather has definitely turned from summer to fall in the span of just a few days. I've had to close the windows in the house when I get up in the morning. This is a welcome change, but it also makes me realize how important the decisions I make on gear are going to be for me. I will be carrying basically 3 sets of clothes, one-my regular hiking attire, two-comfortable clothes to change into when I'm camped, and three-my warm stuff. If my warm stuff isn't warm enough, I won't be a happy camper! I'm doing my best to meticulously research what combinations will work best.

One other step I've taken to prep is to put my motorcycle up for sale. I won't be riding it all for basically over a year and a half. It makes more sense to me to sell it when it's still worth something, and not be paying for something that I'm not using. When I get back, I can focus on getting my dad's bike back on the road, which is the ultimate goal anyway. So if you know anyone, here's the link at Cycletrader.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment